The north and south flooring at the historic West Side Masonic Temple, home of Halcyon Lodge No. 498, has been restored to its original hardwood. Sometime during the 1950′s the hardwood floors on the north and south sides of the lodge room were covered over with a thin plywood and then tiled with gaudy red and white tiles. During the ongoing renovation it was discovered that beneath the tiles was the original wood flooring. The tiles and plywood were stripped away and the original flooring refinished.
The photograph to the left shows the newly refinished flooring on the north side of the lodge room before the kickboards and seating were re-installed.